Private pilot licence

A Private Pilot Licence is issued by the Civil Aviation Authority under Civil Aviation rule Part 61  The following links take you to their general guidance about learning to fly and AC61-3 which is the detailed PPL syllabus.


If you  answer YES to any of the above questions then the Private licence is the one to go for. We can offer you flying and ground training to achieve your licence.  The flight test is taken at the club with a visiting examiner.  The exams are taken at an approved exam centre.  The nearest one is on the aerodrome!

If the answer to ALL these questions is NO then seriously consider a Microlight pilot certificate instead.

BEWARE:  There is very little crossover allowance between microlight and PPL training should you change your mind. However all PPL training can be credited towards a microlight certificate.